Translate

Sunday 18 May 2014

Capturing the essence of the trip - Part 2


At this stage of the game and with the time prior to my departure fast approaching, I'm thinking that a video camera is a necessity. 

It's just the manner in which its mounted, with the concept of securing it to my handlebars being high on the agenda.... 

I mean there's also the question of what brand or type of camera to use, with the Go Pro Black Hero 3 having been at the top of my list of potentials, till that was, someone suggested I also take a look at the Garmin Virb Elite, which seems to have a few "bonus" features, including the ability to connect to Cadence/Speed Sensors, Temperature Sensors and Heart Rate Straps.

Decisions, decisions.....

Of course irrespective of what I do as far as collecting video footage along the way, I'll also be sure as to take my Canon PowerShot SX260 camera and Smart Phone with me again. Now remembering to stop, enjoy a beverage and to take photos more frequently, well we can only hope. Of course, if I put several days of blogs up without photos, you can always let me know...

1 comment:

  1. Whilst I am very tempted by the Garmin ViRB Elite I've come a little unstuck.

    I'd be reliant on the camera initially at least for recording the GPS coordinates which were to go along with any video footage shot but and here's the bigger problem. There's no spare batteries available in OZ from what I can gather unless I happen to stumble on one in a bike shop by chance.

    Given where we are going and what we're doing I'd like to have a back up battery which can be charged whilst the other is in use. Phone, normal camera, whatever...

    ReplyDelete