Translate

Thursday 1 May 2014

Capturing the essence of the trip - Part 1

Whilst I took a number of different types of camera with me, when I went to Italy, I didn't use my Contour Roam 2+ video camera all that greatly and probably didn't stop often enough along the route to take photos with either my Canon PowerShot SX260 camera or Smart Phone, having seen the fantastic YouTube footage that one of my colleagues shot, I've got to be a little bit smarter about how I do things!

Having said that, I've got to say I'm somewhat reticent about the idea on using helmet mounted camera ..  and I say this for several reasons:
  • Because they are difficult to keep sufficiently upright as to show some of the road ahead;
  • Cause they can be a little time consuming to edit for the highlights; and
  • Worst of all (and I could be wrong) because they can potentially alter the manner in which an impact to a helmet is dealt with....
Now whilst I have don't have any conclusive prove and could quite wrongly be putting two and two together, I look at the fact that I had bleeding on the brain when I had my fall, albeit the bleed was not as serious as Michael Schumacher. 

Nonetheless I can't help but wonder whether my camera contributed to the fact I suffered the bleed in the first place or not....

As I say, I am very eager nonetheless to document this ride to the best of my ability, cause I'm tipping it is (and will be for a while to come) still a bit of a foreign concept for cyclists to be riding up, down and along the Andes Mountains. I also suspect it won't necessarily be an area I'll be returning to with a bike in the near future, whereas my chances of riding in Europe again are a little higher....

As a result I'm trying to determine how I wish to proceed..... Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment