Translate

Saturday 31 May 2014

The Troll goes for it's inaugural stroll......

The Troll and I went for a hit out along one of the bike paths in Melbourne today and I've got to say, it was a learning experience from the perspective of the weight and subsequent performance of the bike, the width of the handlebars, my position whilst in the saddle (it's a lot more upright) and the positioning and operation of the gear shifters, etc! 

The other thing that came out of today's ride was the realisation that I was going to either have to buy a second repair kit / set of tools or leave the stuff (perhaps alongside my helmet) so that I make sure that I carry the bits & pieces I need to keep me on the road / track irrespective of whichever bike I chose to ride on any given day. 

Sure I'll be fine when I head over to Quito, but in the interim and on a day to day basis, whilst I'm still training for the Andes Trail I have to be careful that I don't venture out without having the necessary repair kit. Irrespective of what I do in that regard though and before I head over to South America, I still need to buy a few bits of bike bling such as lights, a rear reflector, an appropriate pump and possibly a bell. 

I'll also need to set the Garmin up properly so that I can collect the same data, I rely on / use when I'm riding my roadie, but otherwise in terms of performance for a first ride, the Troll well and truly handled everything that I could throw at it!

Thank you Jen & Rod for your company today - It was most appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. Is was our pleasure - but now she wants a triple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might just allow her to spin up hills and thus allow her to relax, so not necessarily a bad idea. Bit the same as you going from your existing chain ring set up to a compact!

    ReplyDelete