Translate

Monday 9 June 2014

Rolling with the Troll

Having been for a couple of rides now, I gotta say I'm finally getting accustomed to how he works & one thing has become evident. I'm going to get fitter when I'm in his company. It's just that little bit harder to get him moving, given that he's so much heavier than my usual stead. 

The other issue I'm still to contend with is improving his eye sight. He'd be reliant on a guide dog, were he to go out at night. A few lights will help him I'm sure, to say nothing of the fact that it will help make him stand out at night. In saying that, I'm not quite sure how or where I want to mount the forward facing lights, given that the handle bar bag hangs from & blocks the most obvious spot on which to mount a light. 

The big question is whether to compromise on the light's mounting position or when I use the bag.... In saying that of course, the need to use both the bag & light simultaneously whilst on my trip through the Andes isn't going to be all that high, so it's more of an issue for when I'm riding around Melbourne more than anything else. 

Finally and whilst I was just going to rough it, I suspect I'll be having a chat to Huw from Commuter Cycles about the concept of applying some basic mudguards. The idea of wearing half the Andes Mountains, cause it's got a little wet, doesn't particularly appeal!

2 comments:

  1. A light in Sth America sounds like something else to fall off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm okay with bits and pieces falling off not such a big fan of it being myself.

    ReplyDelete