Translate

Thursday 10 July 2014

They were probably moths as opposed to butterflies

It's funny whilst there are / were a number of things about my forthcoming trip to South America which was causing butterflies, a good friend of mine - Robert - recently reminded me just how fortuitous I was, to be able to undertake this endeavour.

As far as not having any pressing family or work commitments, having sufficiently good health as to enable me to take on such a strenuous activity and financially, in terms of it not putting me into debt or requiring me to work my fingers to the bone. 

In other words, its a once in a lifetime opportunity and to that end, there's no point owning a decent camera if you leave it at home. 

It'll be no use to you there, when your wandering around Machu Picchu, or in Antarctica should you end up going there at the conclusion of the ride. As a result, take it and use it along with the common sense that you've picked up during your travels. Further, take it easy on yourself if you end up being last into camp, jumping into the sag wagon or what have you - it is not a race.

No comments:

Post a Comment