Translate

Friday 8 August 2014

A Rest Day - Cuenca


Today, I've spent the day pretty much too myself, which I suspect is probably not a bad thing as it's given me a bit of time to put things into perspective. Tomorrow is a new beginning and hence my plan going forward is to try and encourage a few of the slower riders (such as myself) to work as a team and to also take the time to enjoy the some mid-ride stops whether it be between the start and the lunch van or the lunch van and the finish! IE: Make time for a coke / coffee stop, to take a bit of a breather and to do more than just worry about the odometer...... 

Smell the roses as it were! Not that I think we've passed too many!

So what exactly did I do with myself today, well essentially I took a bit of a wander through the old part of town and also had my bike repaired, not that it's been suffering from over use!


Carmen and Lucho (our mechanic) replace the rear brake rotor on my bike and so hopefully from now on I won't have a rubbing brake... which also means that there goes my excuses for being so slow up the hills!


Just one of the many impressive buildings in the old town and no it's not a photo I took the last time I was in Europe! 


A view of the modern half of the city, with a hint of the airstrip in the very background!

2 comments:

  1. I’ve replied to a few posts but some seem to get lost? Bloody end users? But your technology seems to be working a treat. Thanks for the photos and the posts. I’m enjoying them immensely.
    You touch on one of life’s great dilemmas – the journey or destination? Whether ‘roses’ or ‘eucalypts’ or some other appropriate plant, I’m definitely on the side of the the journey as your other posts allude to and was discussed back at home. So good on you.
    What happened to the rotor? I hope that picking up non-exotic parts along the way works out ok and the Troll is happier too now that he does not have to also work harder up and down those hills. They seem to put the 1 in 20 into some perspective. How is the fitness – or is the altitude taking a bit longer to adjust to and then to get over that to put in more riding? But it is only early, and the whole ride is not determined on or by how you go in week 1.
    Thanks again for the postings. Rod

    ReplyDelete