Translate

Thursday 28 August 2014

Huallanca to Jiva

Tonight is our third consecutive night of bush camping and I've got to say we've (Carmen, Julia and myself) became a fairly adept team when it comes to putting our tents up and so on. I just hope it won't rain as it did last night, cause i woke up this morning to find the end of my sleeping bag damp / wet where it had rubbed up against the tent material during the night. The only blessing I suppose is that I hadn't felt / noticed it during the night. That's one vote for Mont Adventure Equipment 

I gotta say whilst I'm looking forward to checking into a hotel tomorrow night, hopefully it will have a hot shower, cause your right I do smell a little, as do most (if not all) of my colleagues, there is something to be said about being able to retire to your own little oasis at the end of the day to chill out or what have you.

As for today's activities, well I trucked it once again, still not feeling too flash hot. The worst of my cold / flu seems to be behind me, not that I'd advocate camping in negative zero temperatures as a means of a cure but what the heck. No more headache, blood pressure feels like it's returned to a more normal level, heck if I could only stop barking up my lungs I'd feel so much better. 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you are unwell. Kathren reckons there's nothing worse than watching everyone else pedalling off from camp when you are in the truck feeling miserable.

    ReplyDelete