Translate

Tuesday 26 August 2014

Huaraz to PN Huascaran

Wherever in the world you are reading this, all I can say is if I kept you awake last night with my coughing and spluttering I do apologize. Whilst I had a bit of a niggling cough all day yesterday which I initially put down to being nothing more than altitude and a dusty environment I woke up this morning having had very little sleep, with a fever, a thumping headache and a cough that just wouldn't stop. As a result I knew pretty much immediately any attempt to ride today, albeit only 65KM or so, would be suicidal.

Talking to several of those that did ride, whilst the scenery had been enjoyable, it was a bloody long / tough day in the saddle.



It's funny but that is one of the hardest things to comprehend / understand for those of who are here and riding it, even more so for those of you living closer to sea level, is just how much more energy sapping it is doing things above 3000 metres, let alone above 4000!

1 comment:

  1. I guess your energy reserves are just too low to fight the bug particularly since you have far less oxygen at that altitude

    ReplyDelete