Translate

Friday 12 September 2014

Rest Day - Andahuaylas

Another rest day in another boring, pointless being here town. Whilst from what I can gather there's a couple of Inca sites in the area, but they're some thirty plus kilometres away.

I think I'll give them a miss, for whilst they are probably do able by taxi, the weather is a bit inclement at the moment and it's not like they've been given rave reviews on the Lonely Planet website or what have you. 

No today I'm going to concentrate on trying to get a decent feed cause we're camping tomorrow night which means I need to eat well now in town whilst I can given that tomorrow night's grub probably won't be brilliant.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just catching up on your posts as I have a few moments before classes today. And I'm disgusted with myself at one level - it is forecast late showers here today and I don't want to ride home in the rain tonight, and then have to organise dinner as I dry out. OK, it is only water. But look what it does to ships?

    And I look over your challenges with weather and food and think - I don't know I'm alive. Hopefully from the weather point of view, it will get better for you. Food - hmmm. It is after all your fuel so - I will think of you tonight.

    On a positive note, it would be nice to be a long way from the 'news' - nothing positive there. Not quite an ostrich (or emu), but riding in the middle of nowhere (sorry, another town that doesn't have a lot of tourist stuff but still has some meaning for the residents I'm sure), still has attractions. But being dry, warm, well and well-fed also has attractions. Sorry, not very supportive but don't know what to add as I'm sure you are over the character building phase.

    ReplyDelete