Translate

Friday 19 September 2014

Rest Day - Cusco

Whilst I'd like to say I'd spent today enjoying the sights of Cusco, in reality once I'd had enjoyed a rather sumptuous breakfast at a hotel (not the one in which I was staying, but rather something a little bit more upmarket) I devoted today to finalizing my purchase of Peruvian souvenirs and then sending them home to Australia having located the Post Office on Wednesday.

It's the first time I've come across a post office here in Peru and as a result I wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to lighten my bags (as well as create a bit of space) for any souvenirs I might end up buying in Bolivia in the next couple of weeks or so.

Once that had been achieved (and it took an over or so in the Post Office, filling out various bits of paperwork and so on) the rest of the day was spent collecting my laundry, repacking my bags and otherwise attending to some of the more menial tasks one must do, in order to keep things ticking along!

Being such a touristy town, as Cusco is, the opportunity to enjoy a meal at an Irish pub, couldn't be overlooked, nor could the chance of knocking back a few ales. It was a lovely Sheperd's Pie which I have to say makes a big change from the pizzas, hamburgers and portions of chicken that we typically come across in the smaller less "Gringo" orientated towns and villages we normally frequent!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a welcome break! It's amazing, pizzas and hamburgers, seems to be standard currency everywhere one goes! What do the yanks and italians have against us?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the question really should be why does everyone in the world make half-arsed copies of what the Italians and the Yanks serve up! Seriously, the quality of some of the hamburgers and pizzas I've consumed in the last couple of months, I wouldn't normally feed to my cat, let alone eat myself were I at home, or in either America or Italy.

    ReplyDelete