Translate

Monday 27 October 2014

Bareal to Uspallata

With my elbow still aching like there's no tomorrow, from yesterday's ride, I decided given that there was to be a fair amount of unpaved road to be ridden today, that I'd not aggravate the situation by riding. 

Essentially and I'm only guessing, but riding in sand or on a washboard surface seems to inflame the muscles and tendons around the plates in my arm, causing a bit of pain that only time seems to heal. 

Whilst some people would say - Suck It Up Princess - or may call me a bit of a wimp for opting out, I don't care, as far as I'm concerned I'm on a holiday not an endurance test.

The first fifty odd kilometres were on a lovely brand new asphalt road, with no traffic and the wind blowing in a favourable direction (a tailwind pushing you along), where apparently some of the chaps managed to average 40-45 Km/h till suddenly it turned to a gravel. 

Seriously the contrast between the two surfaces couldn't be bigger if you tried. There's obviously a different council that funds one end from the one that looks after the other.... 

Either way I'm glad I didn't ride today, irrespective of what others may think and hopefully it means that I should be able to ride tomorrow given that it's supposed to be a spectacular climb / descent into Mendoza.

No comments:

Post a Comment