Translate

Saturday 18 October 2014

Cafayate to Santa Maria

I may well have burnt off a bit more of my energy than I anticipated yesterday and ended up paying for it today cause I gotta tell you, today's ride just felt a bit more sluggish than usual. I mean sure I was able to maintain a decent pace, it just felt harder to keep the pedals turning.

Fortunately the first fifty odd kilometres was on a well paved road and so it was only after lunch and I'd paid a visit to some Inca ruins that the fun and games really began to start as the final thirty kilometres were all unpaved. Not that they were treacherous or overly corrugated just tough enough as to be a pain in the arse, particularly as by now I was coping a fairly decent head wind. 

Resistance training as its called in cycling terms and good practice for what I believe we'll encounter in Patagonia. 

Whilst normally I don't do too bad on rolling hills today it was just painfully slow hard work and I was wrapped to get into town and to be able to buy myself a nice ice cream (as good as some that I bought in Italy, but without the drama of missing a ferry - Dammo). T'was, Banana, Limon and Strawberry and very delicious.




No comments:

Post a Comment