Translate

Saturday 11 October 2014

La-Quicaca to Salta

Given the way I felt in Tampa a few days ago, I made the decision (and took the opportunity whilst I had Internet access in Unuyi) to book a hotel in Salta, Argentina a couple of days earlier than the group was due to arrive there, with the view that whilst I'd miss a couple of days riding it would give me an opportunity to eat well, do some "tourist stuff" and clear my head.

As a result, after saying goodbye to the group, Julia and I, jumped into a car (with a driver) for the 400 kilometre trip to Salta. Sure it was a bit more expensive than if we'd caught one of the long haul coaches, but I've got to say it certainly paid off in the long run!

Whilst we were stopped on four or five occasions by the police for a bag and identify paper check, if we'd been on one of the buses the stops would have taken considerably longer and probably added an extra hour or two to the trip. Thanks for the forewarning about the prospect of police checks must go to one of the bus driver's we spoke to last night.

Getting into town at just after 3.00PM, we took the opportunity to grab a bite to eat, t'was McDonalds I am ashamed to admit, and then to explore the city and get some retail therapy in! 

1 comment:

  1. I guess you have to take a break from the group from time to time!

    ReplyDelete