Translate

Wednesday 15 October 2014

Rest Day - Salta

Having spent almost the entire day yesterday going through the pros and cons of continuing on with my Bike Nightmares cycling tour through the Andes and having given my travel agent from Flight Centre no end of grief trying to come up with opportunities for me to still see some of the must see sights of Argentina and Chile before flying home, I've come to the conclusion that I should carry on riding till Mendoza (a fortnight and some one thousand kilometres or thereabouts, away) if for no other reason than it gets me into another large town with an airport, it gets me a little closer to my final destination and a prospective tour date with another (non-cycling orientated) company and most importantly of all an opportunity to "hopefully" enjoy the sights and sounds of Argentina.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Alec!
    With Heather's help I have finally been able to read your blog. Sounds fascinating...
    Cheers,
    Ina (and Heather)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I only I knew then what I know now, I'd have finished in Salta.

      Both Argentina & Chile are countries where getting around on your own is not too difficult, though of course you need to do a fair bit of planning given the variation in temperature, altitude (if your going over the Andes, as opposed to through them) and the long distances between refreshment stops.....

      Delete