Translate

Tuesday 14 October 2014

Rest Day - Salta

Whilst I've been in the rather fortunate position to have been in a hotel here in Salta for the last couple of days (only cause I needed a bit of time away from the group), I heard tell from one or two of the other riders who I bumped into in town earlier today, that the campsite that the I'd otherwise be in, is a cold, miserable and run-down dump of a joint, to the extent that there's now only something like eight or nine (out of forty-five) people staying there.

Now as for whether this was a contributing factor to the brawl which occurred between a couple of guys within the group last night or not, I don't know nor care. Essentially though as far as I'm concerned (without knowing all of the details / reasons involved) I think that both parties should be shown the door..... 

On a more positive note, whilst I spent much of today either eating or shopping for tourist trinkets, I also managed to jump on a cable car to the top of San Bernardo Hill so as to get an overview of the city as well as the Lerma Valley, through which we'd driven a couple of days earlier on our way into Salta from La-Quicaca.



No comments:

Post a Comment