Translate

Sunday 26 October 2014

Tocota to Barreal

Whilst some people got a great deal of enjoyment out of this morning's ride for me it was a bloody torturous hell. I mean a 55 kilometre downhill sounds easy and should be enjoyable right? Well it wasn't. I hated every (well nearly every) dammed moment of it cause it was all unpaved and had more sand on it than is found on any beach in Australia. Seriously there were sand traps galore and as I may have uttered previously (just thank your lucky stars you weren't there to hear the cursing), I struggle with the sand.


As a result by the time I got to the lunch stop, I'd had enough of riding, the weather had begun to get hot (thirties) and as a result it really wasn't hard for me to opt for jumping on the lunch truck (it's become a bit of a habit) for the rest of the journey to our campsite!


No comments:

Post a Comment