Translate

Tuesday 28 October 2014

Uspallata to Mendoza

T'was brilliant - I think that's all I've got to say about today's ride!





The above photos, all taken on the descent into Mendoza, Argentina were all taken on a road known locally as "The Way of 365 Curves" and I've got to say, I think it was one of the most enjoyable, photographic and scenic roads I have ever ridden anywhere. 

What's more is that even though it's got more corners than the Stelvio in Italy, I managed to ride the 1000 metres up it, and more importantly the 2000 metres down without incident or requiring aerial support.



7 comments:

  1. Nice to see you enjoying the ride and that smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alec, We were discussing this leg of your trip and photo. How far were you from your bike? Just wondering?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Less than 5 metres, so I was still in compliance with the lycra rule!

      Delete
  3. Just 3 weeks before our little and short jaunt on the Great Vic. 500kms in 8 days really doesn't cut it does it....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look as happy as a kid with cake in this photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good on you Sir Knight! Keep pedalling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This still remains probably one of the best days of cycling I have ever had. The scenery was great, the weather was gorgeous and even the climb to the summit, some 1000 metres, wasn't at such a bad gradient, except maybe the little kicker, right at the top.

    ReplyDelete