Translate

Friday 14 November 2014

San Carlos de Bariloche

I wish I'd bought my rear rack & panniers as I'd originally intended, because I'm surrounded by some beautiful scenery, am feeling a little better (mentally and physically) & eager to hit the open road on my beloved stead.

I'll just have to see whether I can hire a car large enough to carry all my crap, cause if so, then what I'm thinking is drive from village to another at night and spending the following day doing a bit of a ride around the area.

It shouldn't be too difficult to create a GPX route for myself and to be able to come up with an interesting itinerary.

Let's see what happens tomorrow morning and how I get on in talking to Avis who I think have an branch right here in Bariloche.

2 comments:

  1. Try mygpsfiles.com it's a very handy website to create your own itinerary and routes for your gps unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete - I had a chat with a bike hire company and the English speaking local is helping me put together a bit of itinerary, providing me with a bike rack & panniers and potentially allowing me to store a bit of excess luggage. That said, I'll take a look at the sight cause I suspect I'll be dragging the bike out for a bit of a ride when I get to LA (USA)!

      Delete