Translate

Thursday 27 November 2014

Glacier Porito Moreno

Today's adventure to see what I believe is one of the largest glaciers in the world, has been on the cards for a few weeks now and I can only blame my mate Terry and my travel agent Ching-Yin Ng from Flight Centre for putting the idea in my head.

I've got to say that whilst seeing it come into view on the bus from El Cafalate,  then taking photos of it from a boardwalk nearby were impressive, but that was nothing in comparison with being given the opportunity to explore it on foot. Putting the crampons on and trekking up and over the glacier was a first and I've got to say I thoroughly enjoyed it.




Seriously I'd put today's fun and games up there with the day I spent at Machu  Picchu or riding across the Salar De Uyuni in Bolivia.








6 comments:

  1. Bravo! Glad you got to climb to the glacier. We saw Hubbard Glacier in Alaska in 2008 and were similarly "bliwn away".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to have been able to spend more time in El Cafalate so as as to get an opportunity to see some of the other glaciers in the area. Unfortunately however my itinerary didn't allow for it.... Next time!

      Delete
  2. You had to get to a Glacier first and put this photo up just because you could, didn't you???? Nice to see that smile again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous pictures and cute smile ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was really having a wonderful time in Argentina by this stage of the game and I think it shows! I am still yet to go through all of my photos to see which ones are worth printing out, incorporating into a coffee table book or what have you. Hopefully that will happen in the not too distant future...

      Delete