Translate

Thursday 20 November 2014

Rest Day - Puerto Varas

Whilst I'll probably kick myself a little when the credit card bill comes in or when it starts raining on Saturday, as forecast and I'm heading up an unpaved road over / through the Andes, but nonetheless, I decided to extend my stay in Puerto Varas another day.

Whilst I probably should have jumped on my bike for the 40KM return trip to Puerto Monte.

Apparently it's a beautiful little village on the Pacific Ocean, I decided against doing so:
  • Partly because of the hassle of getting my bike out of the hotel's storage area;
  • Partly cause I just needed time to get a few things organised, such as hotels in El Calafate and Buenos Aires, a sightseeing trip to the glacier in El Calafate, transport down there and back from Bariloche, etc; and
  • Partly because I just needed time to unwind.
What better place to do that than a five star hotel with a decent view.....


I just wish their restaurant knew how to make a decent coffee and my life would be complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment