Translate

Monday 17 November 2014

San Carlos de Bariloche

With panniers fitted / loaded and a ferry ticket bought, tomorrow the journey begins again.

Daniel, a decent chap who owns and runs a bike hire company here, in Bariloche, has helped my create a six or seven day route, that will include more than a couple of days or so in Chile, before returning to Bariloche, Argentina.

It starts with three ferry rides across the lakes in the area, one of which I believe is shared between the two countries and I can't wait to get started. It's funny, but I'd talked to Julia about the concept of doing a two or three day self-supported tour of Victoria when I got home. To see how much I enjoyed the concept and how it compared to doing something like "The Andes Trail". IE: Riding with a group of people. It appears however, I'll be putting that concept to the test a whole lot sooner than I'd expected. Ah well, nothing like throwing yourself in at the deep end. Besides, I couldn't finish my trip to South America;

  • Without at least riding through Chile, as had originally been on the cards, albeit on a different route; and
  • Allowing my cycling miles (achieved over the last couple of months or so) to go to waste. Got to keep the momentum going, particularly if I'm to achieve cycling some goals I'm already setting for 2015.

Heck, who knows I might even try to do the same thing when I ultimately get to Los Angeles in terms of hiring a rack, panniers, and so forth, so that I don't become a pain in the arse to the friend I'll be staying with over the Xmas / New Year period.

For the meantime though, keep your fingers crossed for me that I don't come across too much in the way of unpaved roads and I'll try to update my blog daily. Be forewarned however that it might not be till I get back to Bariloche before you hear from me again!

No comments:

Post a Comment