Translate

Sunday 16 November 2014

San Carlos de Bariloche

Dragged the bike out of the hotel basement, gave it a quick once over and then headed out to do the Circuito Chico, being a 25KM secenic circuit, just out of town and something, which gave me a perfect opportunity to turn the pedals, hone my photographic skills and to generally clear my head.


During the ride, I stopped at the peak, to have a cuppa coffee (I might be riding a mountain bike but certain roadie habits can not be changed). Whilst supping my coffee, I had a great chat to a dual Argentinian / American citizen about world events, the joys of traveling and some things I should make sure to see when (if) I visit Buenos Aires. He was a really nice chap and it just helped to remind me that most people are happy, helpful and friendly people.


Getting back to my ride whilst the ride out and then back into town, got a little bit hairy from time to time given the nature of the traffic, it was nonetheless a very enjoyable and worthwhile ride.

If nothing else it was great to get out of town, cause whilst Bariloche is a very scenic / touristy town, a couple of days here is more than enough!


2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your good story about the ride - what it is supposed to be. Love the photos too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish I'd had the confidence to do some more riding on my own, day trips or longer self supported rides earlier. Such as from Mendoza, but nonetheless the wheels are rolling now....

      Delete