Translate

Saturday 6 December 2014

Buenos Aires

I had a great day today wandering around the city of Buenos Aires in the morning, my camera in hand when the opportunity presented itself. I then found my way to one of the outer suburbs of the city, to join a Street Art tour where I have got to say I gained a lot more appreciation of what I would previously have just titled graffiti!


We saw work, painted frequently with the permission of the land owner that certainly made a considerable impact on the local landscape. We were also shown the difference between the different styles of work and told the reason certain types of paint were used. 



It would seem that there's more to it that just coming along with a spray can. 

We were given a bit of an explanation of how the "artists" applied the paint because there's seemingly a variety of techniques needed to make their art "work". As a consequence, well aside from the fact I can't draw / paint to save myself, I won't be coming home to OZ, grabbing a few tins of spray paint and heading out to "decorate" a train, the lane way down the road or what have you, but I will be looking at "graffiti" in a new light!

At any rate, once the tour concluded, I headed home to my hotel, to pack and get ready for my flights tomorrow morning! 

It's funny but as much as this country, frustrates the day lights out of me at times, Buenos Aires is a city I could stay in for another week or so to explore! Ah well, next time!

In saying that though, I'm looking forward to heading to Los Angeles, with one of the things I'm most looking forward to being (and its probably one of those things one shouldn't reveal on a blog site such as this is) is the cuddle or hug I receive from Betsy when I stumble through the "Arrivals" door at the airport.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's been a bit of a shock to the system, getting back into the "real" world in terms of the pace of everything!

      It's a bit of a case of sensory overload!

      This is a totally different type of holiday and whilst the (or a) bike might be taken for a spin, this is far more along the lines of what you could call a "typical" jaunt overseas.

      Delete
  2. Street art in melbourne is cool. I went to Bristol in England last Christmas..., very cool. I am eager to see your images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Struggling to find / make room on my computer - worst of having a decent camera and only a small laptop computer to transfer / store my files! I should hopefully have it sorted in the next couple of days!

      Delete
  3. Need a portable USB drive! Looking 4ward to seeung your pics on Google+ Cheers Peter and Kath

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward (with a bit of trepidation) at reviewing some of my pics. There's just one or two to check, some of which I haven't seen other than the back of the camera at the time the shot was taken!

      I took a External Hard Drive, but keeping everything powered and ensuring that there was sufficient room (and some sort of order in which the photos were filed) but the whole thing proved to be somewhat challenging! I'll soon hopefully however be able to get them all in order, thus allowing me to add a few photos to the blog, etc!

      Delete