Translate

Sunday 25 June 2017

Another step closer....

With the Troll having been given a bit of a service along with a couple of modifications, I realised that it was time to start looking at my list of potential "European Adventure" travel requirements, working out what & how I wanted to sort / carry them on my bike, etc.

In the process of going down this line of thinking, I contemplated the idea of using the Melbourne Edition of the Swift Campout, organised by my good friends at Commuter Cycles as a bit of a trial run. During the packing process however I realised that I should apply a water proofer to my tent, given the problems I had experienced in South America and noting that the weather forecast for Melbourne was a bit sketchy! Unfortunately however because I spent time applying then waiting for the "Storm - Fast Dry Proofer" to dry, I missed the boat as it were to meet up with the Commuter Cycle crew.

The Yarra River

I did manage however to get a bit of a ride in on the beloved Troll, along some of the bike paths of Melbourne, including a stretch of road typically used by the road cycling crew, including myself, as a bit of a training ground - The Kew Boulevard. 


Studley Park Boathouse Cafe

As I was in somewhat "relaxed" mode and waiting for the water proofer stuff to dry on my tent, I decided to stop for a coffee at the Studley Park Boathouse Cafe, something that I haven't done in I can't think how long! Years I suspect, despite having ridden past it's driveway countless times in the last 4 - 5 years. 

Essentially it would seem that there's a need / requirement to have at least one cup of coffee when out on a bike, regardless of what type of bike one is riding. 😊 😊 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment