Translate

Sunday 30 July 2017

2017 Itinerary

Here is my proposed route itinerary which I will endeavour to continually update as it outlines where I hope to be and what I expect to be encountering along the way in terms of distance, profile & touristic hot spots, for the next couple of months or so. Do be aware however, that even I am somewhat skeptical about the time line, given that I will be riding according to the weather, how much I am or am not enjoying the attractions, the hospitality or otherwise of a town, my fitness / fatigue levels and so on....  

It's very different to what I had originally envisaged and had plotted out for myself, which had my going North through Portugal, then through the Spanish Pyrenees, into France, and ultimately finishing up in Berlin, but there's always next year. 

The "holiday" can wait, first things first - Let's see what making a permanent move to Europe might entail.....

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a good itinerary. I'm jealous-need to brush the cobwebs off my bike! Maybe I'll join you in the UK for a short ride

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not entirely sure how much (if any) riding I will do in the UK this time round. It wasn't originally on my radar, but I do suspect that a John O'Groats to Lands End trip will have to be done at some stage.... Which just provides yet another reason I should "settle down" somewhere in Spain or what have you. So that I can have numerous European cycling adventures. As a result, maybe it's not a bad idea to dust off those cobwebs. :)

      Delete