Translate

Wednesday 12 July 2017

The excitement builds

It would seem, having recently wandered out of town for a bit to catch up with friends, that there's something to be said for living in a rural environment. A slower pace of life, a greater sense of community and some wonderful scenery to boot, assuming you choose wisely and according to your preferences / requirements of course.

I mean sure there's bound to be some negatives, but I'm coming to understand why some people are tempted, well here in Australia at least, to explore the idea of undergoing a seachange / treechange experience. A situation which was exacerbated for me when I was out & about riding in the outer burbs of Melbourne yesterday.

The sun was shining, though the temperature gauge was struggling to reach double figures and yet the level of animosity / anxiety on the roads, bike paths and in the cafe was frightening. I got home and immediately got on the Internet to look at flight options and to let a few colleagues know I was heading over.

Seriously I don't care how bad the inclines are in the Alps or Pyrenees, dealing with them has got to be substantially easier than:

  • Australian motorists;
  • Dog walkers who can't / don't control their animals;
  • Mobile phone obsessed twits;
  • Ninja cyclists & joggers

No comments:

Post a Comment